Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Landscape with Gypsy Encampment, between 1775 and 1780
Wooded Landscape with Gypsy Encampment
- between 1775 and 1780
- Black chalk with stumping, white chalk, and gray wash, with scraping on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue laid paper prepared with gray wash
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 12 7/8 inches (26.4 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camp (temporary settlement) | donkey | landscape | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.