Thomas Gainsborough, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Landscape with Gypsy Encampment, between 1775 and 1780
Wooded Landscape with Gypsy Encampment
- between 1775 and 1780
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk, white chalk, and gray wash, with stumping and scraping on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 12 7/8 inches (26.4 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camp (temporary settlement) | donkey | gypsies | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.