A Woman Seated
- ca. 1760
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 8 3/4 inches (32.4 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "22"
Collector's mark of C.R. Rudolf on the mount bottom right (Hayes) watermark: [IV?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dress (costume) | figure study | seated | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, A Woman Seated, ca. 1760
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.