- Open Landscape with Horsemen and Covered Cart
- between 1780 and 1788
- Gray and black wash, with traces of black and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 inches (27.3 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "No. 3"
Collector's mark: [illegible] - original TMS entry reads: "Similar to Heawood 1849 [Fleur-de-Lyes]" [watermark]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | figures | genre subject | grass | horsemen | horses (animals) | houses | houses | laborers | landscape | path | people | pool | puddle | stump | tower (building division) | trees | wagon | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Open Landscape with Horsemen and Covered Cart, between 1780 and 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.