IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
imitator of Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Coastal Scene with Figures and Boats, undated
Coastal Scene with Figures and Boats
- Gray wash, brush and black ink, black chalk, heightened with white chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 1/4 inches (27.6 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "[W] or [T][G]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | church | clouds | fisherman | marine art | net | people | sea | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.