- Coastal Scene with Figures and Boats
- Gray wash, brush and black ink, black chalk, heightened with white chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 1/4 inches (27.6 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "[W] or [T][G]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | church | clouds | fisherman | marine art | net | people | sea | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
imitator of Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Coastal Scene with Figures and Boats, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.