On the Coast of Brittany
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 12 3/8 inches (19.1 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Francia | 1839"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "Vue de Bretagne"; in graphite, lower center: "A george Scholing de la part d[...] ami A.T.F"; in graphite, center: "989"; in graphite, upper right: "2543"
Signed and dated pen and brown ink, lower left: "Francia | 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | coast | landscape | marine art | sea | ship | turrets (towers) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Bretagne | Europe | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.