Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea
- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 7 1/8 inches (10.2 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "211"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | rocks (landforms) | sea | ship | shipwreck | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.