Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea
- Additional Title(s):
- Brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 7 1/8 inches (10.2 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "211"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | rocks (landforms) | sea | ship | shipwreck | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.