Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea
- Additional Title(s):
- Brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- 4 x 7 1/8 inches (10.2 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "211"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | rocks (landforms) | sea | ship | shipwreck | storm | waves (natural events)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Wrecked Ship in a Stormy Sea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.