IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Ships Anchored Offshore in a Calm Sea, undated
Ships Anchored Offshore in a Calm Sea
- Brown wash and ink with gouache on moderately thick, rough, gray wove paper, pasted on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 4 x 7 1/8 inches (10.2 x 18.1 cm)
Signed in black ink, within image, lower center, in piece of debris: "LF"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | marine art | sea | seagulls | ships | shore (landform)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.