François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Nearing Port in a Stormy Sea, undated
Nearing Port in a Stormy Sea
- Brown wash and brown and black ink with gouache on moderately thick, rough, gray wove paper, pasted on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches (10.5 x 18.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dock | marine art | sail | sea | ship | storm | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.