IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Hills, 1769–1844, British, A Country Lane with Haystack and Gate, undated
A Country Lane with Haystack and Gate
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches (24.8 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "9 1/2 x 8 [...]"; in graphite, lower right: "No ref."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | gate | hay | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.