Caricature of Beau Nash
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (24.4 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Beau Nash 1802"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Nash 1802 Brighton"
Watermark: Shorter 21: (John Buttonshaw) (Brittannia) 179
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cane | caricature | coat | elderly | man
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert, Frankland, baronet, 1784–1849, British, Caricature of Beau Nash, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.