Caricature of Beau Nash
- Pen, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (24.4 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Beau Nash 1802"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Nash 1802 Brighton"
Watermarks: Shorter 21: (John Buttonshaw) (Brittannia) 179
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cane | caricature | coat | elderly | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert, Frankland, baronet, 1784–1849, British, Caricature of Beau Nash, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.