Nant Francon, North Wales
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gouache, graphite, gum arabic, and scratching out on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 18 5/16 × 28 3/4 inches (46.5 × 73 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "Nant Frankon"
Signed, and dated in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "George A Fripp | 1862"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | shadow | sunlight | valleys
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, 1993-02-11 - 1993-04-12) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1992-11-18 - 1993-01-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Victorian Landscape Watercolors (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-09-09 - 1992-11-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]