The Parthenon from the North End of the Eastern Portico of the Propylae, Evening Light
- ca. 1895
- Watercolor and graphite, with scraping out on thick, rough, wove paper
- 10 7/8 × 15 3/8 inches (27.6 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "JFulleylove"; inscribed on back in graphite, upper left: "G | [...] | 3993 | [...] Black | [...] Sept 24 | sold Oct 7"; in red graphite, upper left: "10"; in graphite, upper center: "Parthenon."
Signed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "JFulleylove"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | rocks (landforms) | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Athens | Ellás | Europe | Greater Athens | Parthenon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Fulleylove, 1845–1908, British, The Parthenon from the North End of the Eastern Portico of the Propylae, Evening Light, ca. 1895