- Study of a Seated Woman
- Graphite, pen, gray ink, gray wash, watercolor, gouache and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 × 7 7/8 inches (30.5 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Novr 5. 91"; inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "12"
Watermark: Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill (Crown)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dresses | genre subject | gloves | necklaces | portrait | shoes | slippers | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Study of a Seated Woman, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.