IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), An Hermaphrodite, between 1795 and 1800
- between 1795 and 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "D2420/H. Fuseli RA 1741-1825 | An Hermaphrodite (or, as the Arm[...] | Sargeant called the recruit, a | Hermogrophite). c 1812-13. | LGP"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blankets | curls | figure study | hat | hermaphrodite | religious and mythological subject | stones
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.