- between 1795 and 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "D2420/H. Fuseli RA 1741-1825 | An Hermaphrodite (or, as the Arm[...] | Sargeant called the recruit, a | Hermogrophite). c 1812-13. | LGP"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blankets | curls | figure study | hat | hermaphrodite | religious and mythological subject | stones
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), An Hermaphrodite, between 1795 and 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.