- Back View of a Standing Female, Called Mrs. Fuseli
- Watercolor, gray wash and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 8 3/4 inches (36.5 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Wednesday Septr 1810"; inscribed on back in graphite center: "4"
Watermark: "A Blackwell 1798"; T.E. Lowinsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- back | costume | dress | figure study | hat | shoes | slippers | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Back View of a Standing Female, Called Mrs. Fuseli, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.