IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Study of a Back of a Female Nude, Standing, undated
Study of a Back of a Female Nude, Standing
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 3 5/8 inches (16.5 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "<W B . . . >"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "43"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- female | figure study | nude
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Connections (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-05-26 - 2011-09-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.