IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mary Hoare, 1744–1820, British, Lady Percy Watching the Sleeping Hotspur, 1781
Lady Percy Watching the Sleeping Hotspur
- Additional Title(s):
Henry IV Part I, Act II, Scene IV
- Part Of:
- Watercolor with black ink and scraping over graphite on thick, slightly textured cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured cream laid paper with contemporary drawn border
- Mount: 24 x 19 1/8 inches (61 x 48.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 24 x 19 1/8 inches (61 x 48.6 cm), Sheet: 22 7/16 x 17 1/2 inches (57 x 44.4 cm)
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "MH | 1781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bedroom | book | chains | concern | curtains | dress | fear | flames | Henry IV Part I, Act II, Scene IV | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | husband | literary theme | love | man | night | play | plays by William Shakespeare | sheets | sleeping | table | veil | wife | woman
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Kate, Lady Percy
Hotspur (Henry Percy), character in Henry IV, Part I
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.