- At Mortlake
- Gray wash, brown wash, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (17.5 x 22.5 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (18.1 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "At Marlake"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: D 3208"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | children | dogs (animals) | fences | landscape | men | pigs | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Hieronymus Grimm, 1733–1794, Swiss, At Mortlake, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.