Holy Island and Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 × 6 3/16 inches (10.6 × 15.7 cm) and Mount: 8 15/16 × 11 3/8 inches (22.7 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed on contemporary mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Holy Island and Castle/ C [o]. Nth umberland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | figures | island | landscape | men | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sporting art | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Holy Island | North Ayrshire | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Holy Island and Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.