Holy Island and Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 × 6 3/16 inches (10.6 × 15.7 cm) and Mount: 8 15/16 × 11 3/8 inches (22.7 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed on contemporary mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Holy Island and Castle/ C [o]. Nth umberland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | figures | island | landscape | men | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sporting art | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Holy Island | North Ayrshire | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Holy Island and Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.