IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Quarry House near Bletchingley, Surrey, 1765
Quarry House near Bletchingley, Surrey
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 15 inches (21 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Quarry House Septr. 29th, 1765"; in pen and black ink: "Quarry House near Blechingley Surrey | Septr. 29th. 1765."; in graphite, lower center: "B2735/ Francis Grose 1731-1791 | Inscribed above in the artists' hand | LCD"
Paul Mellon's collector's stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | fields | Gun | hills | houses | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Bletchingley | England | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.