IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Hampton Court Church, undated
Hampton Court Church
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 12 7/8in. (26.2 x 32.7cm), Sheet: 10 1/4 × 12 7/8 inches (26 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "430 38 Hapmton Court Church"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Hampton Court Church 16TT9 | 8"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "F G"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | church | fishing | house | river
- Associated Places:
- Hampton Court
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.