Elizabeth Pringle, active ca. 1800, A Tiger Lying in the Entrance of a Cave, 1796
A Tiger Lying in the Entrance of a Cave
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 x 24 inches (48.9 x 61 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Eliz Pringle Fecit. 1796"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cave | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.