Study of a Massive Rock
- Brown chalk and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 8 1/2 inches (22.2 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "H"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hoppner, 1758–1810, British, Study of a Massive Rock, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.