Landscape with Cows
- Brown and gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite or black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with embossed gold border
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 5/8 inches (27.6 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, traced over in gold, lower left: "T. Gainsborough"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "121 / | 30 | [coll.?] | [mark?]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[G?]781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Miss Elizabeth Achelis
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | cows | grass | landscape | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
imitator of Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Landscape with Cows, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.