IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
imitator of Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Landscape with Cows, undated
Landscape with Cows
- Brown and gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite or black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with embossed gold border
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 5/8 inches (27.6 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, traced over in gold, lower left: "T. Gainsborough"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "121 / | 30 | [coll.?] | [mark?]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[G?]781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Miss Elizabeth Achelis
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | cows | grass | landscape | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.