IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Henderson, 1764–1843, British, Basel, Bridge Center, Quayside, with Figures and Shipping Right, with Cathedral Rising behind Buildings, ca. 1807
Basel, Bridge Center, Quayside, with Figures and Shipping Right, with Cathedral Rising behind Buildings
- ca. 1807
- Watercolor and pen and ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 8 inches (8.6 × 20.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | buildings | cathedral | cityscape | figures | quay | river
- Associated Places:
- Basel | Europe
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Magnificent Switzerland (Museum of Art and History, Geneva, 1991-11-12 - 1992-02-02) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Magnificent Switzerland (Fondazione Thyssen-Bornemisza, 1991-08-01 - 1991-10-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.