Design for a Medal: Concordia Victrix
- ca. 1767
- Pen and black ink, pen and red ink, graphite, black chalk, watercolor and gold leaf on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen, with black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 11 × 7 7/8 inches (27.9 × 20 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/8 × 5 inches (13 × 12.7 cm), Sheet: 3 1/4 × 3 3/8 inches (8.3 × 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "[----?] Mellon"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "68/12/20/63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | design | figures | genre subject | medal | sitting
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medal: Concordia Victrix, ca. 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.