- Design for a Medal: Figure of the Virgin
- Graphite, pen and black ink, incised for transfer on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 11 x 7 3/4 inches (27.9 x 19.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 7/8 × 4 1/2 inches (17.5 × 11.4 cm), and Sheet: 5 3/8 × 2 7/8 inches (13.7 × 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on Verso; upper right: "68/12/20/68"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | dove | figure (illustration) | genre subject | medal
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medal: Figure of the Virgin, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.