- Dead Hare
- Black chalk, verso: black chalk and stump on medium, slightly texuted, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 14 3/8in. (20 x 36.5cm) and Sheet: 8 × 14 1/2 inches (20.3 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, upper right: "D 2920"
Watermark: Similar to Heawood 1849 (only Fleur-De-Lis with GR); Paul Mellon's collector's mark on verso.
Signed in graphite, upper right: "Andrew Geddes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | dead | Hare | inn | people | rabbit
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Andrew Geddes, 1783–1844, British, Dead Hare, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.