- Design for an Engraving: Battle of Troy with the Trojan Horse
- Pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, red chalk, graphite, watercolor and gold leaf on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink, border lines
- Mount: 12 1/8 × 11 inches (30.8 × 27.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 3 3/4 × 7 3/8 inches (9.5 × 18.7 cm), and Sheet: 2 1/8 × 5 5/8 inches (5.4 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite; on verso; upper right: "68/12/20/80"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | Bronze Age | figure study | figures | Greek literature | Greek mythology | horse (animal) | legend | mythology | religious and mythological subject | warfare
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for an Engraving: Battle of Troy with the Trojan Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.