- Gate of the Old Fort at Old Benares
- ca. 1792
- Watercolor and graphite on wove paper with pen and brown ink border laid down on heavy wove paper
- Mount: 21 × 27 3/4 inches (53.3 × 70.5 cm) and Sheet: 17 1/4 × 23 11/16 inches (43.8 × 60.2 cm)
Inscribed, in graphite, verso, lower center: "Gate of the Old Fort | in Old Benares - as it stood in 1792 | by S Davis; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Gate of the Old Fort at Old Benares, ca. 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.