The Courtyard of Mr. Bank's House, Northernhay, Exeter
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (26.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on sheet attached to mount in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Northernhay, Exeter"; in graphite, lower center: "Aug 27th 1816"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Mr Bank's on Northernhay"; in graphite, lower right: "145(6)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrels | boy | cart | children | courtyard | dresses | fence | garden | genre subject | girls | hats | landscape | peasants | playing | shed | steps | trees | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Exeter | Northernhay Gardens | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John White Abbott, 1763–1851, British, The Courtyard of Mr. Bank's House, Northernhay, Exeter, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.