Etching and line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 1/16 inches (27.3 × 20.5 cm)
Lettering, lower center: "DUKES PLACE | The South & Principal Gate of the Ancient Monastery, or Priory of the Holy Trinity | Founded by Matilda Daughter to Malcolm King of Scotland wife to Henry | 1st was surrendered to King Henry VIII 1531, who gave it to Sir Thomas Audley Knt. | who built, dwelt & died, on the Priory 1544. It then came by Marriage of the Lord Audleys | Daughter & Heir unto Thomas Duke of Norfolk & was then called DUKES PLACE"; lower center: "Publish'd Jan.y 1 1793 by N.Smith No 18 Gt. Mays Buildings St. Martins Lane"; lower right: "See Pennants London 3 Edi.n"
Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection