The Convent and Part of the Town of Candelaria, on the south side of Tenerife
Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper mounted to thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (12.1 × 20 cm)
In pen and brown/black ink, lower center: "The Convent and part of the Town of | Candelaria, on the South side of Tenerife"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Feby 1820"; on verso of mount, in pen and brown ink, upper leftl:" 5 | Edw. Chas. Mitchell"; in graphite, center: "Conventa [?] parte del pueblo | de Candelaria"
Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection