Lewis, George Robert, 1782-1871, Manuscript for Banks of the Loire illustrated, ca. 1823
- Manuscript for Banks of the Loire illustrated.
- London, ca. 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process DC611.L81 L49 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Manuscript. The publication was evidently conceived as a series in six parts, or which only the first comprising Tours and its vicinity ever appeared. The other parts, present here in manuscript form with the intended illustrations in pencil or watercolor, were to have appeared as follows: 2. Orleans 3. Blois. 4. Amboise. 5. Saumur. 6. Angers.
The unsigned drawings and watercolors are presumably by Masquerier, who owned the present volume and gives every indication of having written the manuscript portions and executed the illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Lewis, George Robert, 1782-1871. Banks of the Loire illustratedLoire River Valley (France) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.