attributed to William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Grotesque Female Head, undated
Grotesque Female Head
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 1 7/8 inches (5.4 x 4.8 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "W[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (hats) | caricature | mole (facial feature) | wigs | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.