- The Temple of Vesta, Rome
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite, with scraping on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 7/8in. (19.7 x 27.6cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "no 6"
Signed and dated in brush and brown watercolor, lower right: "J. Holland 49"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cityscape | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | people | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Holland, 1799–1870, British, The Temple of Vesta, Rome, 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.