- The River at Dusk, Oxford
- Watercolor, black chalk and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 12 7/8 inches (20.3 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Oxford. Novr.:1792 | <By Wm Payne>"
Watermark: Postilion (Churchill 332); Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Henry Barnard, 1767–1818, British, The River at Dusk, Oxford, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.