IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walter Geikie, 1795–1837, British, Humorous Family Scene, undated
Humorous Family Scene
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 5 1/4 inches (10.2 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "E1617"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: " W Geikie"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- amputee | bottles | family | genre subject | humor | laughing | tankard | violin
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.