- Northeast view of Westminster Abbey
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 19 inches (34.3 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in modern hand in graphite, verso: John Gendall/ A North East View of Westminster Abbey./ The original drawing exhibited at the RA by Gendall in 1818/(no.973) from his address Cathedral Yard, Exeter. Afterwards engraved/ in aquatint by Joseph C. Sadler and published by Ackermann.
Collector's mark: J WHATMAN/ [illegible]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Gendall, 1790–1865, British, Northeast view of Westminster Abbey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.