Conrad Gessner, 1746–1826, Swiss, A Horse, Dog and Figures outside a Cottage, undated
A Horse, Dog and Figures outside a Cottage
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 9 inches (17.8 × 22.9 cm)
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, C.L.: C. Gessner.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cottage | forest | genre subject | hat | horse (animal) | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.