Study of a Seated Lady
- ca. 1740
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphie, black chalk, and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 10 1/2 inches (34.6 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen with greenish-blue ink, lower left: "Vente du Mis de Chennevieres | No | Marque au bas, a gauche"; in graphite, lower right: "Gravelot | D 2138"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | chair | dress | seated | sitting | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Study of a Seated Lady, ca. 1740
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.