George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The Rock of Gibraltar from Algeciras (Spain), 1843
The Rock of Gibraltar from Algeciras (Spain)
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite and scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Gibraltar from Algesiras"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | ocean | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | ships
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.