- Mount Palatine
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured cream laid paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 10 3/16 inches (18.1 x 25.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 15/16 x 12 1/16 inches (22.7 x 30.6 cm), and Mount: 14 x 19 7/16 inches (35.6 x 49.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount below image: "Mount Palatine | March 3d .1783"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "Mount Palantine March 3d 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | landscape | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Monte Palatino | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Mount Palatine, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.