IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Cabrita Point - Rock of Gibraltar, 1843
Cabrita Point - Rock of Gibraltar
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on fragment of old mount in pen and blue ink: "Cabrita Point - Rock of Gibraltar - and | (the Queen of Spain's Chair) | 27th October 1843."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | mountains | ocean | sailboat
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.