Augustus Edwin John, 1878–1961, British, Portrait of Colonel Thomas E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), 1919
Portrait of Colonel Thomas E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 12 1/16 × 9 1/2 inches (30.6 × 24.1 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "John | Paris 1919"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William P. Clyde Jr., Yale BA 1901, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- colonel | headdress | keffiyeh | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Lawrence, Thomas Edward (known as Lawrence of Arabia) (1888-1935), intelligence officer and author
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.