Augustus Edwin John, 1878–1961, British, Portrait of Colonel Thomas E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), 1919
Portrait of Colonel Thomas E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 × 9 1/2 inches (30.6 × 24.1 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "John | Paris 1919"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William P. Clyde Jr., Yale BA 1901, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- colonel | headdress | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Lawrence, Thomas Edward (known as Lawrence of Arabia) (1888-1935), intelligence officer and author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.