Augustus Edwin John, 1878–1961, British, Portrait of Dr. Hubert Noel, 1952
Portrait of Dr. Hubert Noel
- Black chalk, red chalk, white chalk, and brown chalk on medium, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 21 × 16 1/16 inches (53.3 × 40.8 cm)
Signed and dated in brown chalk, upper right: "John | 1952"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Ralph M. Read
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | physician | portrait | suit | tie
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.