- Solitude, The Reading Magdalene
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/8 inches (17.8 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "Vatelet"; in graphite lower center: "1890.5"; in graphite lower center: "90.5"; in graphite lower right: "[ . . . ] 1699"
Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | deer | hills | landscape | meditation | reading | rocks (landforms) | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Solitude, The Reading Magdalene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.