IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Solitude, The Reading Magdalene, undated
Solitude, The Reading Magdalene
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/8 inches (17.8 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "Vatelet"; in graphite lower center: "1890.5"; in graphite lower center: "90.5"; in graphite lower right: "[ . . . ] 1699"
Collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | deer | hills | landscape | meditation | reading | rocks (landforms) | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.