- Brown wash, graphite, pen and brown ink, and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 3/4in. (26.4 x 37.5cm) and Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (26.4 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, bottom center: "Nemi"; in graphite, center right: "dark grey"; lower right: "Red Umber"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J. Giles"; dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "1824"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archway | foliage | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Nemi
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.