- Brown wash, graphite, pen and brown ink, and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 3/4in. (26.4 x 37.5cm) and Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (26.4 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, bottom center: "Nemi"; in graphite, center right: "dark grey"; lower right: "Red Umber"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J. Giles"; dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "1824"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archway | foliage | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Nemi
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.