The Villa Adrianna, Rome
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink with touches of white gouache on medium, slightly textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 16 5/8 inches (27.5 x 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "J. Giles | 1824 - | Villa Adrianna"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "J. Giles | 1824 - "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | Grand Tour | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James William Giles, 1801–1870, British, The Villa Adrianna, Rome, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.