Cleghorn Mills in Ruins
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14in. (24.8 x 35.6cm) and Sheet: 9 3/4 × 14 inches (24.8 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "E.M. Gill | Cleghorn Mills in Ruins | Nove - 1864. | E. Gill"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "E. Gills | 1884"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cascade | cliff | landscape | mill | river | ruins | waterwheel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund Marriner Gill, 1820–1894, British, Cleghorn Mills in Ruins, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.