Cleghorn Mills in Ruins
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- 9 3/4 x 14in. (24.8 x 35.6cm) and 9 3/4 × 14 inches (24.8 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "E.M. Gill | Cleghorn Mills in Ruins | Nove - 1864. | E. Gill"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "E. Gills | 1884"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cascade | cliff | landscape | mill | river | ruins | waterwheel
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund Marriner Gill, 1820–1894, British, Cleghorn Mills in Ruins, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.